The Student Handbook to Surviving an Economic Crisis

As if college students didn’t have a hard enough time affording life in San Francisco, let’s add and an economic crisis on top of it all. And, with the holiday season in full bloom, it seems as if students everywhere are in an uphill battle against the financial blues. However, because we are all going through this penny-pinching process together, it seems as if the only way out of this situation is collectively strategizing the best ways to save some of our quickly diminishing funds.

I have found that one of the fastest ways to burn through the dough is eating out. I know it’s tempting walking past your favorite taqueria in the Mission while smelling the pulled pork and watching giggling young folks sip on their cervezas, but there are more affordable alternatives that can be just as much (if not more) fun for you and your friends. Instead of paying for somebody else to prepare your food and the table that you’d eat at, make your own tacos and head to Dolores Park. Even if you aren’t confident in your culinary skills, there are thousands of recipes on the Internet for the not-so-savy cook in the making.

When it comes to the gift-giving time of the year, some people forget their holiday cheer after looking at the price tags of the items on their loved ones lists. But instead of getting dragged down by those run-of-the-mill gifts, get creative and make someone smile with a one-of-a-kind present! Pull out the scissors, glue, and construction paper and make a photo album for old friends or family members. They will certainly appreciate the extra time and thought that you put into making them a gift.

As for those day-to-day expenses, you’ve just got to be prepared. Bring snacks with you when you go out for the day. This way, you won’t end up buying over-priced muffins at the ritzy boulange across the street when your stomach starts rumbling and its half an hour until the next Muni comes. And plan ahead so that you can take the Muni and save a couple bucks. It may take a bit more time than a taxi, but you’re almost guaranteed to walk away from it with a memorable story to share at the dinner table that night.

Instead of getting depressed over the state of the economy, get creative. There is usually a less expensive way of living if you just take the time to look for it. And remember that laughing is always free, so when there is nothing else to do, get together with a good group of friends and see where your brainstorming takes you.

The views express herein may not be those of the Foghorn Online. This content has been submitted by the greater online community and reviewed for basic discretionary content by our editors. For any other further questions, please contact web@sffoghorn.info

75 thoughts on “The Student Handbook to Surviving an Economic Crisis”

1. I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days..

2. What i don’t realize is actually how you’re not actually much more well-liked than you might be right now. You’re very intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!

3. Stay hydrated each day to boost dry up crumbled finger nails and even juicy couture outlet website. Hydration is the most important purpose with blocking dried out ,juicy couture tracksuits sale, in addition to finger nails as a result of become too dried out. That will work particularly significant in the wintertime although the surroundings is rather frosty along with dry. Employ a cream that’s shea butter on your own cuticles plus toenails on a daily basis. You will could do with rubber gloves when you finally use the butter to deal with just before snooze likewise to ensure they are retained wholesome.

4. Sell gold << It hasn’t been challenging for me to empathize when making use of the persons I publish about in labor and civil rights historical past, » Honey supposed.

5. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

6. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! However, how could we communicate?

7. I haven’t checked in here for a while as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

8. I intended to post you the bit of observation in order to say thank you again with the pleasing strategies you have shared on this website. This has been shockingly generous with people like you to convey unreservedly what exactly many individuals could have offered for an ebook to help make some dough for themselves, notably since you could possibly have tried it in case you wanted. Those advice as well served like a easy way to be sure that other individuals have a similar fervor like my very own to grasp a whole lot more with reference to this problem. I’m sure there are several more enjoyable moments in the future for those who examine your site.

9. I wanted to create you that little bit of note to help say thanks once again on your pretty advice you’ve shown at this time. It has been so incredibly open-handed of people like you to present unreservedly what most people might have sold for an e-book in making some cash on their own, specifically considering the fact that you could possibly have tried it in the event you considered necessary. These strategies as well served as the good way to know that other people online have the same dream like mine to realize great deal more when considering this issue. I’m sure there are thousands of more fun situations up front for individuals that take a look at your site.

10. I genuinely enjoy looking through on this internet site , it has got fantastic blog posts. “When a man’s willing and eager, the gods join in.” by Aeschylus.

11. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot about
    this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something.
    I think that you just can do with some percent to pressure the message
    house a little bit, however other than that, that is fantastic
    blog. An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

Review my website միասեռական

12. I needed to create you this very little remark just to thank you very much over again on your marvelous techniques you have shown above. It was particularly generous with you in giving extensively what exactly many individuals could possibly have made available as an electronic book to get some profit for their own end, especially considering that you might have done it in the event you desired. Those good ideas also worked to become a easy way to recognize that the rest have similar fervor just like my own to see good deal more in terms of this issue. I’m certain there are thousands of more pleasurable occasions up front for individuals that examine your website.

13. Needed to compose you the little remark to be able to say thanks the moment again with the fantastic strategies you have discussed on this website. This has been incredibly generous with people like you to give easily just what most people could possibly have distributed for an e-book in order to make some money for their own end, notably now that you could possibly have done it if you decided. Those advice as well served to provide a fantastic way to fully grasp some people have the same passion like mine to grasp significantly more around this matter. I’m sure there are millions of more pleasant moments in the future for individuals who look into your blog post.

14. Great remarkable issues here. I¡¦m very satisfied to peer your post. Thank you so much and i’m taking a look forward to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

15. Howdy! This post could not be written much better!

Going through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He constantly kept talking about this. I most certainly
    will send this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a great read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

My blog post – botas salomon mujer