Ways to Save Money

If you had asked me how I was saving money last year, well, I wouldn’t have had an answer for you. I don’t remember the economy being as bad as it is now. Obama is calling it the “second depression,” I just call it plain “crazy.”

I’m a sophomore here at the University of San Francisco. Last year I had the pleasure of being able to drive around San Francisco, my car was on campus. Last year I didn’t take the bus around the city much. I would just jump in the car with my friends and “go.” Around that time gas was so expensive. You all have got to remember the headlines in the newspaper that stated gas would eventually reach $5.00, and it pretty much did. So there I was, this young naïve freshman driving friends around and not collecting any gas money from anyone. I soon turned broke and decided that investing in a bike and leaving my car at home would be the best idea. This semester I didn’t have that leisure. I bought a road bike, a refurbished Miyata from the 80′s to be exact. She is my pride and joy. Now, if I need to get to work or any outings I simply hop on the bus or my bike (depending on the weather and the time of day).

It’s hard adjusting to being “car-less” but I definitely managed. There is always an urge to bring my car back, and easily have access to locations without having to wait around for muni, but then…I reach down for my wallet and notice more money and the thought of having a car is soon non-existent. Since returning my car I have discovered Cal-Train, the most efficient transportation from San Jose to San Francisco. It’s only $6.00 to ride and you don’t have to worry about being caught in traffic, ever! Living in San Francisco has caused me to become more aware of saving money and “going green. So taking the bus or riding my bike is the best alternative.

On another note, Christmas is right around the corner. Many people are trying to find the best gifts, while spending less money. So, my family and I decided to collectively spend half the amount of money we would normally spend on one another. My mom understands that my brother, sister, and I are all college students and have low funds, so she figured this would be a nice way to save money, while trying to come up with unique gifts that fit our budget. I think it’s kind of cute, and I’m anxious to see what everyone comes up with. I’ll be tempted to spend a lot of money on my mother, just because she is my mom, but who knows, I might find a really good deal somewhere.
-Amanda Rivas

The views express herein may not be those of the Foghorn Online. This content has been submitted by the greater online community and reviewed for basic discretionary content by our editors. For any other further questions, please contact web@sffoghorn.info

65 thoughts on “Ways to Save Money”

1. Pingback: URL
  2. I simply want to say I’m very new to blogging and actually savored you’re page. Almost certainly I’m want to bookmark your website . You definitely come with fabulous well written articles. Bless you for sharing your web site.

3. Good day! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha plugin for my comment
    form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having
    trouble finding one? Thanks a lot!

4. Drink lots of water daily to raise dried crumbled nails along with juicy couture outlet stores. Liquids is central to the part around stopping dried out ,juicy couture tracksuits sale, together with fingernails via turned out to be overly dry out. This specific operates especially important during winter although atmosphere can be quite cool together with dry up. Utilize a emollient which has shea butter in your cuticles along with screws every single day. You will definitely employ gloves as soon as you apply the butter to deal with prior to sleep at night too to make sure they’re taken care of healthy.

5. hello there and thank you for your information ?I抳e certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical points using this website, since I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I抦 adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon..

6. Pingback: visit page
  7. I’m very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.

8. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz reply as I’m looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

9. I intended to create you a little bit of remark so as to say thank you the moment again relating to the pleasant tactics you have shared on this website. This has been really pretty generous of you giving without restraint precisely what a lot of folks would’ve supplied as an e book to end up making some dough for themselves, most notably considering the fact that you might have tried it in case you considered necessary. The advice likewise worked as a fantastic way to comprehend someone else have the identical zeal similar to my very own to know great deal more pertaining to this condition. I know there are numerous more fun times ahead for those who looked over your blog.

10. I needed to draft you a little bit of observation to thank you very much as before relating to the breathtaking tactics you’ve provided in this case. It has been generous of you to give freely what exactly a number of people would have offered for an e book in order to make some dough for themselves, especially considering that you might have tried it if you desired. Those strategies in addition acted to be a great way to realize that other people have a similar zeal the same as mine to learn good deal more in terms of this problem. I am certain there are many more pleasant moments ahead for many who find out your site.