LinkedIn for Recent Grads and Students

If you’re looking for a job, you can’t NOT be in LinkedIn. It positively shocks me that every college and university is not making this clear to today’s graduating class.
- Pure Visibility Blog author

What you know is very important, but who you know can get you the job. Accordingly, I am a big fan of LinkedIn.com. An employer found me for my current public relations job via that site, and I have discovered personal connections at other companies that I have been interested in working for. I created a profile on LinkedIn two years ago, grew a large network, and I have been reaping the benefits ever since.

Recently, I invited more of my friends to join my network on the site. Though many people wonder, “What on earth is LinkedIn?! How is it different from other networking sites, such as Facebook? Why should I bother joining?” The LinkedIn staff presents a comprehensive answer in their guide for upcoming grads (and young people, in general): grads.linkedin.com. Included is a crafty video that uses paper cut-outs to illustrate the advantages of LinkedIn (check it below).

- Courtney Parham, USF alumna 2008
my website
Tweet me

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myGxNhGO4x0[/youtube]

The views express herein may not be those of the Foghorn Online. This content has been submitted by the greater online community and reviewed for basic discretionary content by our editors.

62 thoughts on “LinkedIn for Recent Grads and Students”

1. I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

2. Pingback: Hot deal
  3. I simply want to tell you that I’m new to blogging and site-building and seriously liked your web-site. Likely I’m going to bookmark your website . You really come with excellent articles and reviews. Many thanks for revealing your blog.

4. Pingback: Homepage
  5. Pingback: kits de cctv
  6. Drink lots of water everyday to better dry out chipped toenails plus juicy couture outlet cabazon. Liquids is the most important factor on controlling dry ,learn more, along with finger nails with grow to be exceedingly dried up. The following runs particularly important during winter as the oxygen is incredibly frosty together with dried out. Make use of a moisturiser which includes shea butter onto your cuticles plus claws day-to-day. You will definitely could do with hand protection as you use the butter to deal with prior to sleep in the process to ensure they are serviced healthy.

7. Normally I don’t learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite great post.

8. Fantastic site. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your sweat!

9. Needed to compose you that tiny remark so as to give many thanks the moment again with the remarkable solutions you’ve shared on this website. This has been simply extremely open-handed of you to supply freely all numerous people could possibly have distributed as an ebook to make some dough on their own, even more so given that you might have done it if you ever considered necessary. The tips as well acted to become good way to be aware that other people have the same eagerness much like my personal own to grasp a good deal more regarding this matter. I am certain there are some more pleasurable sessions ahead for people who read your blog post.

10. I needed to create you a tiny observation just to say thanks a lot over again regarding the marvelous suggestions you have provided on this website. It is certainly open-handed of people like you to grant openly what exactly most of us would have supplied for an e-book to make some profit on their own, primarily considering the fact that you could possibly have tried it in case you considered necessary. Those principles as well acted as a easy way to realize that someone else have the same eagerness much like my own to figure out somewhat more on the topic of this problem. Certainly there are numerous more pleasant situations in the future for folks who read your website.