N.E.R.D., B.o.B. to Perform at Homecoming

Campus Activities Board (CAB) announced last week that hip-hop group N.E.R.D. (No One Ever Really Dies) will perform at USF’s homecoming concert on Friday November 6th. B.o.B will open for N.E.R.D.

CAB chose these acts in response to a survey process in which they elicited student feedback and preferences on genre.  Hip hop has dominated the homecoming concert for a few years, with artists like Common, Wyclef Jean and Lupe Fiasco performing.

Linda Tran, sophomore business major and CAB promotions assistant, sat outside of the Office of Student Leadership and Engagement (SLE) selling tickets on Monday.  In just an hour, she sold ten tickets.   Tran said,  “N.E.R.D has always been floating around as a choice. They are one of those groups that you just want to hear in concert.” Kim Mai, homecoming concert director, said CAB tried to book the group last year but could not afford it.  Mai said “Based on our surveys last year, 21% of the students asked for hip hop, 17% Alternative, and 16% for rock.” CAB surveyed 1,056 students.

In relation to homecoming, Tran said “Hip hop is always a popular genre.”  While the homecoming week generally takes place in February, USF decided to move it up so they could include it as part of the Fall Fest, a series of on campus events hosted by the Office of Residence Life.  The other events involved with homecoming, the dance and the pep rally, will still take place.  Although last year CAB charged an entrance fee to the dance, Tran said this year admission will be free.

Tickets will not be sold at the door. Prices are $5 for USF students/$10 the day of show.

19 thoughts on “N.E.R.D., B.o.B. to Perform at Homecoming”

1. Hi my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing, nice written and include approximately all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

2. hello!,I love your writing so a lot! proportion we
    keep in touch extra approximately your article on AOL?
    I need a specialist in this area to unravel my problem.

May be that is you! Having a look forward to peer you.

3. I’ve been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours these days, yet
    I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours.

It’s beautiful price enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net
    can be much more useful than ever before.

4. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your website in web explorer, could check this?
    IE still is the marketplace leader and a big section of people will omit your great writing because of this problem.

5. May I simply say what a relief to uncover somebody that really understands what they are discussing
    online. You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More and more people should read this and understand this side
    of the story. I was surprised that you’re not more popular given that you surely have the gift.

6. This is really attention-grabbing, You’re a very professional
    blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to looking for extra of your great post.

Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

7. I do not even understand how I ended up right here, but I believed this publish used to be good.
    I don’t recognise who you’re but certainly you’re going to a well-known blogger in the event you aren’t
    already. Cheers!

8. This design is wicked! You definitely know how
    to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start
    my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job. I really
    enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

9. I do not even know how I ended up here, but
    I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are
    but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!

10. My partner and I stumbled over here from a different web page and thought I should check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking into your web page
    for a second time.