Presidential Election Voting Guide: Part One

The vote goes beyond pure statistical influence.

FACT: California was into the Union a century and a half ago by a one-vote margin.
However, today, according to Economic Inquiry, the probability that a single vote will decide a presidential election averages out to 60 million to one. The importance of the vote, however, reaches far beyond the statistical influence of a lone presidential ballot.
The vote sparks activism.

“The process of voting,” said Corey Cook, “is important in part because it’s a gateway to…political and civic engagement” even when “it is very unlikely for a single vote to matter in any contest.” said Corey Cook,

The statistic above highlights a reality about politics that actually makes both voting and civic engagement a requirement for full political participation: one can’t can’t be had with just one or the other.

Even if an election’s outcome did not align with one’s vote, the activism that is sparked by the act of voting amplifies the power of a ballot.

The vote was fought for.
The vote was won and extended to today’s demographic — to women, to minorities, to 18-year-olds, and to the poor — with extraordinary struggle, effort, and dedication. This effort deserves at least a cast ballot.
The vote sways smaller contests.
Smaller contests, including those for local offices and statewide propositions, are decided on a much narrower margin. Being the deciding vote is not equivalent to being a deciding factor in an election. A vote uncast is a vote that did not bring down the opposition.
Why The Vote Matters:
GET EDUCATED
Rock the Vote
Rock the Vote’s mission is to inform and to build political power of America’s 18-29 year olds through music, pop culture, and social media. This year, the nonprofit hosted a road trip across the East Coast with live bands and voting information and registration kiosks for concertgoers. According to the site there are 44 million eligible young voters — the largest generation in history who are also representative of about a fourth of the entire electorate in 2012. Since 1990s, the nonprofit has registered more than five million young people. Over 200 musicians support Rock the Vote, including Katy Perry, Slightly Stoopid, The Roots, and Beyonce.
Check it out: rockthevote.com

Project Vote Smart
The non-partisan, nonprofit educational organization offers quick access to election information, and candidate biographies, ratings, voting records, and speeches. Not sure about which candidate you’re siding with? Go to their interactive VoterEasy page and instantly see who thinks most like you on issues including abortion, education, and health care. Vote Smart also has voter registration forms, absentee ballots, and election schedules for each state.
Check it out: votesmart.org

Politifact
Politifact finds the truth in politics by examining statements made by presidential candidates, Congress members, state legislators, governors, and other figures who speak out in American politics. Statements are researched and are rated by accuracy on their Truth-O-Meter, falling under one of six ratings: true, mostly true, half true, mostly false, false, and pants on fire. Politifact also keeps track of how candidates flip their position on an issue, and whether they fulfill, compromise, or fail to meet their promises to citizens. Politifact is a project of the Tampa Bay Times, winner of eight Pulitzer Prizes.
Check it out: politifact.com

CountMore
Confused about whether you should register to vote at your school address or your home address? CountMore.org compares where your vote would count more based on state representation in the electoral college.
Check it out: www.countmore.org

GET THE DEBATE SCHEDULE HERE

REGISTER TO VOTE IN CALIFORNIA HERE

Tuesday, November 6
* Election Day
Polling places open from 7 am – 8 pm * Deadline for receipt of vote-by-mail ballots
Must be received by Department of Elections or dropped off at polling place on Election Day by 8 pm

14 thoughts on “Presidential Election Voting Guide: Part One”

1. To gain an existential understanding of the cult that produced Mitt “Cyborg” Romney, and to get your socks scared off, read The Assassination of Spiro Agnew, available in paperback and ebook at:

Its unwilling, part-Mexican Mormon assassin dramatizes the Mormon superiority complex, manifesting it as racism, sexism, jingoism and an anti-federal government temperament. It shows the similarities between Islam and Mormonism and reveals the secrets of Mormon mind control, the spiritual powers behind the cult.

“With a clarity of language and vision unsurpassed in contemporary American prose, Steven Janiszewski’s Assassination of Spiro Agnew takes us into a U.S. mazed with madness and Mormonism and all things Utah, a U.S. that was then and still is. Do we need a novel, even as brilliant as this one, about a young man on a divine mission to assassinate the Vice President because he is too liberal? Yes, now more than ever. Readers, welcome to a masterpiece.”
    tomwhalen.com

Read The Assassination of Spiro Agnew.
    Word has it that David Axlerod enjoyed its post-modern style as much as he relished being abhorred by the Mormon experience.

2. 锘縣ave a great blog here! do you wish to make some invite posts on my blog,When I primarily commented I clicked the -Notify me when new views are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the exact same comment.Is there any way you can remove me from that service? all the best,next occasion I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one.get real, i know it was my choice to read, But I actually thought youd have something remarkable to say.All I hear is a bunch of whining about something you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention,Spot on with his write-ready, I truly think this website needs much more factor.I’ll oftimes be again to read much more, appreciate your sharing that info,an individual so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything this way before.So nice to find somebody with some original ideas on this subject.Realy info starting this up.This website is in which is needed on the web, Someone with just a originality.Useful job for bringing something totally new to the internet,I’d have to confer with you here.Which is not something i usually do! I enjoy reading a post that will make people think.always, appreciate your allowing me to comment,This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic.you know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want’HaHa).you actually put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years.Great rubbish, Just helpful,Aw, This was a great post.In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally 锟紺 taking time and actual effort to make a very good article’ but what can I say’ I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done

3. I got this webb paqge from my friend who informed mme onn thhe topic of this web site aand noow this
    time I am visiting this web site and reading very informative posts att this time.

Allso visit my webite – спб интернет – Gregorio,

4. Hi there, I discovered your web site by way of Google at the same time as looking for a related matter, your web
    site got here up, it seems great. I’ve bookmarked it in
    my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply became aware of your weblog thru Google,
    and found that it is really informative. I’m gonna be careful for brussels.
    I’ll be grateful should you continue this in future.
    Lots of people will likely be benefited out of your writing.
    Cheers!

Also visit my webpage … Oakley Sunglasses Cheap

5. I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this site. Studying this information So i’m glad to express that I have an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly what I needed. I such a lot unquestionably will make sure to don?t disregard this site and provides it a look on a continuing basis.

6. Verdant sprawls like the Exposition Park, Griffith Park and Mulholland
    Drive also draw tired and heavy tourist to rest in its serene ambiance.
    Remember these tips and you should be able to carry on with your business aboard a Los Angeles
    limo or Los Angeles Party Bus without any worries in no time.
    Los Angeles, California, Underground, teen, community, Latino,
    Hispanic, Chicano, Hip Hop, Reggaeton, Clubs,flier parties, fiestas, clubs, fiestas privadas y mucho
    mas.

7. I do not comment, but I read some of the responses here
    Presidential Election Voting Guide: Part One | SF Foghorn. I actually do have 2
    questions for you if you do not mind. Is iit simply me or does it aplpear like
    a few of these comments look like they are written by brai dea folks?

:-P And, if you are writing at additional sites,
    I’d like to keep uup with everything new you have to post.
    Would youu make a list of every one of all your social community pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or
    twitter feed?

Review my blog post; research.dusit.ac.th (Krystal)

8. Inside the previous, I have dropped a considerable quantity of %anchor% and truly found my triglycerides and cholesterol go up, but I used to be eating a great deal of frozen foods for lunch, and many others. My doc mentioned it might have been relevant to the trans fats in these products. The moment I began keeping away from them, my cholesterol dropped to your usual range. You mentioned you prevent processed/packaged food items, to ensure that shouldn’t be a problem in your case.

9. I am guessing if he’s so big his job is in danger, he’s not merely several kgs over%anchor%. It’s completely doable for him to operate with a vlcd to get a few weeks. He’d shed a good quantity of %anchor% that way. I wouldn’t recommend it, but dependent on where you stay, employment is likely to be a tiny bit hard to come by. Is his boss inquiring he shed the %anchor%? Let’s say there could be an arrangement like he loses x quantity of kgs during the very first two months, then sticks to the reasonable diet monitored by a doc, results shared with all the enterprise, until the remainder of the %anchor% comes off?

10. mfp always tells me at the end of my logging if each day ended up like today , you should be …. kilos in 5 weeks time I’ve been logging in wayyyy a lot more then 5 weeks now and not at the time have i been the %anchor% mfp assumes i could possibly be I’m simply just staying the exact same %anchor% and its genuinely bothering me :( i just is not going to reduce it !!