She Came, She Ate, She Conquered: Food Columnist Karina Alexander graduates and signs off

Food Columnist Karina Alexander graduates and signs off.

San Francisco has been my home for the past four years. I have tried great food, developed an respectable palette that consists of more than Top Ramen and Jell-o, and explored more restaurants than I can count (or even remember). Although I am sad to leave, I am excited to share my food adventures at my next destination. San Francisco has shaped the foodie I am today and left me a closet full of food tips that I bid you all adieu with.  

KARINA’s Do’s and Don’ts of the SF Food Scene

Don’t be afraid to take advice from a stranger

I have talked to too many of my friends who think that strangers who give them suggestions on where to eat are crazy. I think my friends are crazy. The best unknown restaurants I have eaten at have been recommended by people on the bus, strangers who have eavesdropped on a conversation, and even homeless people. That being said, never pass up an opportunity for good food.

Don’t knock it until you try it

Over the years, I have found myself fond of foods that I claimed to have absolutely despised. I got caught off guard one night when a friend called me out on it. This being said, you really won’t be able to enjoy the food of San Francisco without at least giving the weird cuisine a shot.

Do ask for the recipes

This is one of the better tips I’ve gotten over the years. If you are out eating somewhere and absolutely love something, ask for the recipe! Most of the time they will provide you with it or at least the general way in which the food was prepared. I was always too shy to ask for the recipe to some of my favorite dishes, but more times than not, chefs are happy to share! This provides you with a framework to either adapt the recipe to put your own spin on it or simply remake it to share with friends.

Do branch out

For some reason, it took me the majority of my time living in San Francisco to realize that there is amazing food just outside of the city’s walls. I have had some of the best Dim Sum in Daly City, amazing soul food in Oakland, and Puerto Rican food to die for in San Rafael. If you have a car, take advantage of it and go explore the Bay Area! There is tons of food waiting for you to try it, but sometimes you need to make a special trek outside of the City to get to it.

29 thoughts on “She Came, She Ate, She Conquered: Food Columnist Karina Alexander graduates and signs off”

1. Hello There. I discovered your blog using msn. This is a really neatly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

2. Write down how much you paid, when you talked to each other, and what you talk.
    Neet fabric has been carefully handled for tbis
    delicate work. This type of specialized insurance
    plan ensures that people do not have to worry
    about earning money when they are ill oor injured since
    the selecte insurance company pays monthly compensation paymeents when the policy holder is unable to work.

3. Robert/Nick: Many thanks responses. Outlined on our site have an interest to check on regarding almost any rewards for your SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION campaigns after this is certainly put in place.

4. with Glitschka’s really awarded e-book, “Vector Simple Training: A scientific Inventive Method for Constructing Precision Vector Artwork, ” the hands-on study course can guide members through a thorough course of action for building about Glitschka’s really critically acclaimed publication, “Vector Basic Coaching: A Systematic Inspiring Approach with regard to Building Excellence Vector Art work, inch the particular hands-on training will probably manual contributors via a methodical course of action intended for developing So as to purchase a most of my do the job posted on this site (eventually); right now I am just sharing any undertaking: a new poster for the departmental chili cook-off that I acquired an American Graphic Design honor for completely. Often the photography on the chili peppers is investment i does just a little exciting doodling through. Our Duplicate Editing tool Dorrie Barcus wrote the particular duplicate, and i also put together a number of web site from your Wild Gulf Hit, that is Ashwood Compacted in addition to Gatlin Striking, in addition to Lucas de Groot’s The combo through the Thesis well placed for the scaled-down replicate. The setting feel came from Von Glitschka’s publication Topple Crackle Shed.

5. spotify is the foremost i have ever previously utilized as well as we’ve employed the majority of. problem is not necessarily readily available for typically the United. H. if you have just about any good friends living away from Oughout. Nasiums., make them make an bank account and allow the info. might be a headache, although worthwhile.

6. With havin so much information as well as content articles do you run across just about any difficulties involving plagorism or even copyright laws violation? The web-site has a lot regarding special written content I’ve both made myself personally or perhaps outsourced but it really genuine many it is swallowing it up on multilple web sites not having our agreement. Are you aware any kind of methods to lessen information from becoming cheated? We would genuinely thankyou.

7. The key reason I adore Spotify, is the fact I can apply it to our Cellular, along with basicly suitable the music We wan`t all the time. I accomplish pay out about $15 a month nevertheless, however hello! the fantasticheria associated with totally free tunes is good for youngsters definitely I really like Jango. Means a lot better than Pandora bracelets, for me.

8. Donald We are working with small businesses through Upper SERA and wish to use your graphical inside my posts using them. This can be a more efficient 1 page through perspective on the sophisticated World wide web group in which every person must be alert to and take part in. How one can attain your admission for is actually utilize? Thank a person Doug

9. i’m sorry, nevertheless number in du the moment assumed like you do, yet I know a great deal better now what many people (the Obama folks plus the music wanting to support reelect him) are performing. it does not matter what number of taxation kinds Romney secretes; will probably be declared he / she must relieve a lot more. in order to then cherry-pick items of specifics of Romney’s great wealthand without a doubt, he has abundant. just what exactly? and they’re going to interest often the resentful those who think Obama’s visiting spend their very own loan and also stick it to the wealthy dude. some remarkable du would choose to see Obama’s college transcripts. virtually any possibility of this transpiring? I will paraphrase a person. “Either Obama is actually covering up something, or perhaps he or she believes pigheadedness is often a far more presidential attribute in comparison with openness and also honesty. In any case, he’s wrong. ” some remarkable Will you be continue to two-timing your income tax, Mr.. Kass? Obviously you might be because you is just not publish your personal tax returns in addition to whole economic documents. See how functions?

10. Nothing at all comes even close to the Music Road. Zero, you won’t hear the background music, but you can easily come across some thing you are going to love determined by that which you like.

11. Miranda to go to mother at the very least 4 occasions before 6-8-107 my website pay day loans often charge outrageous fees
    and rates, so it is possible to save yourself a ton of money by inquiring your business to offer which you money advance.

12. This complaint has come mainly from professional
    photographers who may be feeling the heat of competition.
    Do you think that it is right about killing Instagram pics from Twitter, brands could still share
    their filtered pics on Twitter. Larger businesses can host cause-driven events; people can be notified of these events via Facebook.