This V-Day Put Down the Ice Cream and Get Swimmin’
For all the swimmers and water lovers out there, Valentine’s Day is sure to bring you a sweet surprise. In addition to flowers and chocolate, avid gym goers will also be able to enjoy the Koret pool which will be ready to open its doors again in a few short weeks.
The pool is on schedule to open on Feb. 14, said Clare Rudd, aquatics instructor at the Koret Health and Recreation Center. After months of construction, the secret to keeping this anticipated re-opening on track was the constant work schedule of the contractors.
While many USF students enjoyed a nice, long six-week winter break, Rudd said that the Koret pool workers only took off Christmas and New Year’s Day and worked consistently through the break. The pool area has been painted and re-tiled, scaffolds are gone, and the old ceiling lights have been replaced, according to Rudd.
Naturally, people have been curious about the progress of construction. Rudd said that some onlookers often asked questions about the status of the project, while others have been completely oblivious to the large-scale construction project. “We have had people walk all the way down not noticing the construction or the signs,” she said.
No major issues were presented during the process and everything is on schedule.
Last 5 posts by Michelle Doyle
- Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk: USFers Take to the Streets to Raise Funds for Rape Victims - May 2nd, 2013
- Shed Light, Show Your Bones: Art Project Teaches About Tragedies of Genocide - April 25th, 2013
- USF Students Put the “Hibbity” in Hibbity Dibbity - April 25th, 2013
- Film Review: “Subida de los Niño’s” Tackles Nicaragua’s Environmental Issues - April 16th, 2013
- USF Students Support Cancer Research Through Relay for Life - April 16th, 2013