For all the swimmers and water lovers out there, Valentine’s Day is sure to bring you a sweet surprise. In addition to flowers and chocolate, avid gym goers will also be able to enjoy the Koret pool which will be ready to open its doors again in a few short weeks.
The pool is on schedule to open on Feb. 14, said Clare Rudd, aquatics instructor at the Koret Health and Recreation Center. After months of construction, the secret to keeping this anticipated re-opening on track was the constant work schedule of the contractors.
While many USF students enjoyed a nice, long six-week winter break, Rudd said that the Koret pool workers only took off Christmas and New Year’s Day and worked consistently through the break. The pool area has been painted and re-tiled, scaffolds are gone, and the old ceiling lights have been replaced, according to Rudd.
Naturally, people have been curious about the progress of construction. Rudd said that some onlookers often asked questions about the status of the project, while others have been completely oblivious to the large-scale construction project. “We have had people walk all the way down not noticing the construction or the signs,” she said.
No major issues were presented during the process and everything is on schedule.
Last 5 posts by Michelle Doyle
- Game Over? Social Media Drinking Game, NekNominate, Kills Five Young Adults in U.K. - March 4th, 2014
- USF May Ban Tobacco - February 26th, 2014
- Journalism for Global Crisis - February 26th, 2014
- The Real World: University of San Francisco - February 19th, 2014
- Study Abroad: Experience the World and Still Graduate on Time - February 6th, 2014