Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Set to Rock USF

The Spring Concert is almost here! Friday, Feb. 8, at 7p.m. in the Koret Center Swig Gym will be this year’s headliners, the burgeoning MC/production duo of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Macklemore, also known as Ben Haggerty, recently exploded on the hip-hop scene with conscious lyrics about important issues such marriage equality (“Same Love”), and advertising in America (“Wings”). The inspirations for these tracks can be directly linked to Macklemore’s hometown: Capitol Hill in  Seattle, Washington—where there is a large presence of the gay community and various thrift shops in the area.

Producer and best friend Ryan Lewis works alongside Macklemore without the help of a record label. The duo has not (and will not) sign under a record label, but instead uses social media as an outlet to connect with their fans. The decision to not sign under a major record label has given inspiration to other artists to make it big independently as Macklemore’s album “The Heist” made it to No. 1 on iTunes and sold 78,000 copies in the first week of its release.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are sure to bring the heat to USF. If you haven’t purchased tickets yet, don’t worry! Tickets will go on sale at the door. For USF students with a valid ID, tickets are $10, all other students with a valid ID, $30, and general admission is $60.

To get prepped and ready for the Spring Concert, don’t forget to stop by a thrift store in the city to find a lost treasure. Remember “One man’s trash, that’s another man’s come-up.”

83 thoughts on “Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Set to Rock USF”

1. Nice post. I find out some thing far more challenging on distinct blogs everyday. It’s going to at all times be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice somewhat some thing from their store. I’d prefer to use some using the content on my weblog no matter if you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
    cheapest jordans

2. There are surely a lot of details like that to take into consideration. That’s a fantastic point to bring up. I provide the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly you can find questions like the 1 you bring up where essentially the most critical factor will probably be working in honest decent faith. I don?t know if most desirable practices have emerged about points like that, but I am positive that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
    jordans for women

3. I’m impressed, I should say. Honestly rarely do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your notion is outstanding; the concern is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am particularly happy that I stumbled across this in my search for some thing relating to this.
    [url=http://www.thefactoryentertainment.com/blogs/item/cheap-jordan-shoes-food-along-with-unprecedented-bull]jordans retro[/url]

4. Aw, this was a seriously nice post. In concept I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to create a very fantastic article?- but what can I say?- I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to obtain some thing carried out.
    [url=http://steav.com/index.php?do=/retailshoes86/blog/bell-internet-provider-in-canada-gives-unlimited-internet-access/]air jordans[/url]

5. You produced some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the concern and identified most people will go together with with your site.
    [url=http://www.city2citydating.com/member/blog_post_view.php?postId=271504]cheap sneakers[/url]

6. You will find some fascinating points in time in this post but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is certainly some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Decent article , thanks and we want far more! Added to FeedBurner too
    shoes jordan

7. This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You comprehend so a lot its virtually tough to argue with you (not that I truly would want?-HaHa). You absolutely put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Amazing stuff, just wonderful!
    cheap jordans shoes

8. Nice post. I discover some thing a lot more difficult on various blogs everyday. It’s going to at all times be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice just a little something from their store. I’d prefer to make use of some with the content on my weblog no matter whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll provide you with a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
    cheap jordans

9. You will discover certainly a lot of details like that to take into consideration. Which is an incredible point to bring up. I present the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly you will discover questions like the 1 you bring up where probably the most crucial factor will be working in honest beneficial faith. I don?t know if perfect practices have emerged around items like that, but I am certain that your job is clearly identified as a fair game. Both boys and girls feel the impact of just a moment’s pleasure, for the rest of their lives.
    jordans free shipping

10. Right after study a number of of the weblog posts on your internet site now, and I really like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls have a look at my internet web page at the same time and let me know what you think.
    cheap sneakers

11. Can I just say what a relief to obtain an individual who really knows what theyre talking about on the net. You definitely know tips on how to bring an problem to light and make it vital. Extra persons really need to read this and have an understanding of this side of the story. I cant believe youre not much more favorite for the reason that you unquestionably have the gift.
    shoes jordans

12. I’m impressed, I must say. Truly rarely do I encounter a weblog that is both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your notion is outstanding; the concern is some thing that not sufficient consumers are speaking intelligently about. I’m rather happy that I stumbled across this in my search for some thing relating to this.
    wholesale jordans

13. Can I just say what a relief to come across somebody who basically knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how to bring an concern to light and make it fundamental. Far more persons have to read this and have an understanding of this side of the story. I cant believe youre not much more common since you definitely have the gift.
    cheapest jordans

14. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in actual fact bought me breakfast for the reason that I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and adore reading additional on this topic. If feasible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with far more details? It really is extremely useful for me. Major thumb up for this weblog post!
    jordans outlet

15. I’m impressed, I have to say. Genuinely rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is outstanding; the problem is something that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am highly pleased that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.
    jordans shoes

16. When I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the exact same comment. Is there any way you’ll be able to remove me from that service? Thanks!
    jordan shoes

17. An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was performing a little analysis on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast due to the fact I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to talk about this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading much more on this topic. If probable, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with a lot more details? It is extremely valuable for me. Large thumb up for this blog post!
    cheap jordans free shipping