Andrew Goodwin, Media Professor and a Founder of Media Studies at USF, Dies in Fire
Students & Faculty Have the Opportunity to Offer their Memories
Professor Andrew Goodwin, a professor of media studies, died last Tuesday, September 10 in an apartment fire in Berkeley, as University Ministry Director Julia Dowd reported to students and faculty in an e-mail later that day.
Former students and co-workers have expressed their sadness about Dr. Goodwin’s passing through the University of San Francisco Media Studies Alumni Group on Facebook.
Dr. Goodwin was one of the founders of the media studies program at USF, and in the US, according to Professor Bernadette Barker-Plummer, who sent a message to members of the Facebook group. Dr. Goodwin’s involvement with the media studies department and with USF’s radio station KUSF played an important role in his time at USF.
The media studies department is calling for colleagues, students, and friends of Dr. Goodwin’s to send a memory or a photo to his son, James Goodwin. If you would like to offer your thoughts, you can email Lydia Fedulow (email@example.com) or Barker-Plummer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short remembrance.
Last 5 posts by Allison Fazio
- Hello, $2 Tacos! - December 4th, 2013
- Greener than the Grinch - December 4th, 2013
- It’s Transgender Awareness Week. Want to learn more? - November 13th, 2013
- Why Your Coca-Cola Could Cost a Few Extra Cents, Next Year - November 13th, 2013
- Changes to USF Student Health Clinic: More Than Just a New Entrance - November 6th, 2013