coffee to the people

Best Coffee Shops Near USF

Need a boost  before class?  Give one of these student favorites a try.

Is Starbucks just not cutting it anymore? Do you need a place to sit down and finish that paper you have been putting off for the past week? Or do you simply want to go out into the magical city of San Francisco and taste all of what it has to offer? Well, look no further! Here is the best coffee in SF: each location is an easy walk or bus ride from campus.

1. Cinderella Bakery and Café – 436 Balboa Street: 

This hidden delicacy is every sweet tooth’s dream. It is only a short walk down Turk Street or a quick ride on the 31. The bakery itself is of Russian origin, so the menu has traditional desserts and pastries in addition to eclectic Russian dishes you could enjoy for lunch or dinner. Among the classic coffee options of lattes, macchiatos, and espresso, Cinderella Bakery also offers Ritual Coffee, a strong drip coffee with a deliciously smokey taste. Originally introduced by the Ritual Coffee Roasters Company, the popular blend has mass produced its way into Cinderella Bakery, and definitely for the better. If you are a bit of a coffee snob (which I admit I am), Ritual Coffee will not disappoint; it has a strong, smooth taste that will easily get you through the day. If you’re not into strong coffee, I would recommend sampling one of the sweeter espresso options, possibly a vanilla latte. It is perfect for people looking for a caffeine boost which also pleases their sweet tooth. You can easily add a pastry or dessert along with your beverage to make it an even sweeter experience.

I recommend: 

Drip Ritual cdoffee with the apricot tart.

2. Coffee to the People – 1206 Masonic Avenue: 

Coffee to the People  is the perfect place to sit down and enjoy a cup of coffee, while also watching tourists walking around Haight Street. This coffee shop is spacious with plenty of seating ranging from booths to tables, to comfortable sofas. The beverage menu offers a wide variety of coffee plus smoothies, teas, and sweeter non caffeinated options. They brew fair trade and organic coffee, meaning each farmer in charge of the coffee beans will get an equal amount of profits made by the distribution of the coffee. Coffee to the People serves their own signature drinks – including a mint matcha mocha, which I highly recommend to coffee and chocolate lovers. Their espresso drinks already come with four espresso shots, so simply getting an average latte, iced or hot, will give you the perfect boost to get work done. Plus, there’s free wifi, so studying has never been more easy!

I recommend: 

Iced latte with a cranberry-orange loaf.

3. Flywheel Coffee Roasters – 672 Stanyan Street: 

This sophisticated coffee shop is great for getting some work done while enjoying a cup of coffee. Flywheel Coffee Roasters is a large, spacious coffee shop with plenty of seating inside and outside. The ambience definitely gives off a more serious work vibe, with lots of people swiftly typing on their computers to the calming, background indie music. Possibly the best aspect of this coffee shop is its diverse variety of drip coffee. Flywheel Coffee brews their own blends and sells them based on the month. They offer six drip coffee blends a month. You can see the different blends offered on their website, and each coffee has its own taste for each preference. My personal favorite of this month is the “Kenya KWA Matingi Co-Op” blend, which combines the sweetness of mangoes but also the sharp acidity of lemon. Every drip blend, such as the “Costa Rica Tarrazu” and the “Ethiopian Amaro Guayo,” originates from overseas. They each have their own unique taste. If the immense amount of drip coffee options doesn’t appeal to you, Flywheel also offers espresso options – including lattes, cappuccinos, and matcha. I recommend the cappuccino because it is delicious and has a strong kick.

I recommend: 

Cappuccino with the almond croissant.

4. Blue Danube Coffee House – 306 Clement Street:

On quiet Clement Street, there is a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop full of comfortable couches and studious hipsters. Blue Danube offers a large variety of drinks and food, making it easy for you to spend the whole day studying while also enjoying a nice cup of coffee and some delicious food. The menu has a large assortment of beverages, including Italian soda and hot tea. The most unique option on the menu would be the Mexican hot chocolate with cayenne pepper sprinkled on top. Their most popular item would be the macchiato, one of the espresso options. Another popular and delicious option is a white mocha. However, my personal favorite would be the Vietnamese drip coffee. It is smooth and rich, with a sweet aftertaste. Blue Danube also offers a mint mocha which is perfect for someone looking for a sweeter espresso. Be mindful: this is a cash-only place.

I recommend: 

Vietnamese drip and a double grilled cheese.

78 thoughts on “Best Coffee Shops Near USF”

1. I am glad for writing to make you be aware of of the wonderful encounter my cousin’s child encountered browsing your web page. She came to understand some pieces, including how it is like to have an amazing coaching heart to have other folks without hassle know specific complex topics. You actually did more than people’s expectations. I appreciate you for imparting the beneficial, trusted, educational and in addition easy tips on the topic to Emily.
    pas cher Louis Vuitton sac à main http://www.pyson.com/borrar/images/laka.cfm

2. Pingback: Holz
  3. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
    longchamp le pliage messenger beige http://www.longchamppascher2014.fr/longchamp-le-pliage-messenger-beige-p-20.html

4. Pingback: Buy New iPhone 5
  5. b) Establishment of a single short-term base monetary policy rate to guide the market level of interest rates; and to replace the benchmark policy deposit rates and lending rates term structure in the next three to four years. We think either an interbank funding rate or a Repo rate can be the final choice of China’s base policy rate and the tenor of this rate can be overnight or up to 7 days. The new base policy rate will serve as the anchor of the domestic interbank term structure and the rest of the interbank term structure will be determined by the market. This term structure then helps price the government bond yield curve as well as the domestic credit risk matrix according to credit rating, liquidity risk assessments.

6. CHINA still trails the United States and Europe in the number of private jet owners despite the rapid growth in recent years, participants at the Asia Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition heard yesterday.

7. Air China stands to be the biggest loser among Chinese carriers when the European emissions program comes into effect because it operates the most flights, with 12 passenger and four cargo destinations in Europe.

8. Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to understand so much about this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something.

I feel that you just could do with a few % to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, that is fantastic blog.
    A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back.

9. Pingback: blogs
  10. Howdy superb website! Does running a blog such as this require
    a lot of work? I’ve no knowledge of coding but I was hoping to start my own blog in the
    near future. Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners
    please share. I understand this is off subject but I just wanted to
    ask. Appreciate it!

11. Pingback: auto supirkimas
  12. Pingback: Android
  13. Pingback: Meet Singles
  14. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article.
    I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the
    post. I will certainly return.

15. Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,
    you happen to be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and
    may come back later in life. I want to encourage you to ultimately
    continue your great job, have a nice morning!

my blog post … Prince Ornsteen