Students Make Strides for Breast Cancer
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is a 5K walk put on to raise money to help fight breast cancer. Numerous organizations at USF joined the San Francisco community last Saturday Oct. 26 in Golden Gate Park at 8:00 a.m. as part of breast cancer awareness month.
Participants made a team and raised money as a group. Making Strides of San Francisco is an ongoing fundraiser that currently has 357 teams and 2,705 participants that together have raised $323,559.42. Donations go towards everything from transportation and lodging fees for cancer patients as they go through treatment, to funding research helping to find a cure for breast cancer.
Also on Oct. 26, USF students participated in October Outreach. The two events were unrelated, but both work towards USF’s goal of social justice. October Outreach is an event put on each October by University Ministry that allows the USF community to connect with non profit organizations throughout the city. Participants learn either through social analysis with organizations, or hands on activities.
Last 5 posts by Rita McNeil
- If You Don’t Have Haters, You’re Doing Something Wrong - November 21st, 2013
- USF Law Students Bridge the Gap - November 13th, 2013
- SF Free Clinic Wins USF California Prize for Service and the Common Good - November 6th, 2013
- Ask The Nursing Students: How Should You Stay Healthy this Cold and Flu Season? - November 6th, 2013
- Affordable Care Act Affects USF Student Employment - October 30th, 2013