freepressusfonline

Staff Editorial: The Next USF President

We at the Foghorn have decided to contribute our thoughts and hopes on the next USF president. In an effort to keep the opinions diverse, we have chosen a few that maintained the general themes that were found throughout all the submissions:

“I hope the new president of USF is someone who listens to students: their ideas, concerns and feedback. I hope the new president is supportive of all students, specifically the student organizations on campus that do so much work for the USF community– not only by hosting events and providing entertainment, but as representing the voice of the student body.”
Madeline Vanden Branden, Editor-in-Chief

“I hope the next USF President runs the university like a university, and not like a business. I find that the Jesuit mission of supporting those in need translates to, in the educational sense, supporting scholarships and finding ways to keep welcoming a diverse student population to campus every year. I would love to see a President whose mission it is to create equal opportunity on campus. Lastly, for the sake of campus media and the community it serves, I hope the search committee finds a candidate who values and encourages transparency at our institution.” — Tanya Dzekon, Managing Editor

“I want the next president to be friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic about their profession. Their religious beliefs do not matter to me as much as their overall character and kindness as a human being. It would be great if they regularly interacted with students and listened to what we have to say about the school. I definitely hope that USF’s next president is committed to creating great experiences and opportunities for both students and faculty, and I also hope that they are dedicated to increasing awareness about USF and sculpting its image as an excellent school. I think we have made a lot of progress in those respects in recent years, so I would love to see that continue.” — Hayden Gehr, Deputy Sports Editor

“I hope the new president is personable and tries to get to know the community he serves. I hope the new president is attentive to student and faculty concerns, and open to improvement. I also hope the new president can uphold the expectation of “creating a financial model for the future that clearly places the academic enterprise at the core,” so that future Dons can afford a quality education.” — Mia Orantia, Scene Editor 

“I hope the new USF president will have a strong presence in student events on-campus, especially within the performing arts. Right now, there’s a big focus on the sciences at USF, and it would be great to see a focus on other departments at USF that might need attention and support. In my opinion, more departments should receive the level of resources afforded to the sciences. Additionally, financial aid and scholarship funds should remain a focus for the next USF President so that everyone who wants a USF education has a fair shot regardless of socioeconomic background.” — Matt Miller, Online/Rich Media Editor

“I want to see a president who makes an effort to be a personable, approachable figure on campus. We need a leader who helps to unite the students, someone who can walk around campus and wave hello to students, can greet some of us by name. Someone any student can feel comfortable discussing their ideas and concerns with. Beyond just personal traits,  I would like to see someone who, Jesuit or lay person, takes Pope Francis’s lead on modernizing the Catholic public opinions on social issues. I think that under the right leadership, USF can continue and further its position as a role model for progressive, accepting Jesuit education.”  — Heidi Patton, Sports Editor 

Last 5 posts by Foghorn Editorial Staff

4 thoughts on “Staff Editorial: The Next USF President”

1. I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too.
    Such clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works guys I’ve included you guys to our blogroll.

I’m certain all of you right here engage in Staff Fortress
    2, or else you wouldn’t be here! I also enjoy TF2, and a single
    issue that I couldn’t get my head all around was
    gathering all the products!! I’v discovered some players cant even gather most of the items,
    by no means brain ALL of them!! I was focused to obtaining all the items, but it appeared impossible, so currently being an experienced programmer, I acquired to operate!

Soon after several hours of hard work I designed, what
    I say one of the ideal hacks out there! (biased considerably?!) The device that I
    have designed enables you to unlock any of the items
    you would like in TF2!
    I’ts basic actually…
    I was planning to offer this tool and let some income
    start off rolling in, but i know the feeling
    of not currently being capable to find the money for it, or becoming a ‘poor’ male on TF2, so I have decided to give this out for free to see what folks believe of
    it! Just go through the tutorial beneath explaining how to acquire and use the resource!

2. Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and
    tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so she can
    be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has
    83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I
    had to share it with someone!

3. Nothing signifies normal life a lot better
    than miley cyrus sex tape, and Come on, man nothing at all.
    It is often claimed that will the one thing inside contemporary society that
    may survive some sort of nuclear invasion is actually miley cyrus sex tape.
    This is inappropriate, in fact cockroaches tend to be the sole thing which will make it some
    sort of nuclear assault. Indisputably there is a link. Just
    how do that become explained? Needless to say fascination will
    probably at some point break free through the
    highly effective influence of miley cyrus sex tape, and not before we all view a standardised commercial
    insurance plan for many. Just what all this comes down to be able to is actually income.
    Capitalists enjoy miley cyrus sex tape.