MUNIbus

Sorry, Not Sorry: Muni Police Bust Expired Student ID Passes, Last Week

Student muni passes expired last Wednesday Jan.  22, the second day of the new semester.

Muni police, known as Muni Transit Fare Inspectors, were also seen in abundance that Wednesday and Thursday at bus stops near or around campus, along Balboa St., Turk St., Judah St., and down Stanyan St.

Though officials at the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) were not able to provide information on how many tickets were issued, students riding the bus to school mid-last week say that Muni officers escorted a number of transit violators, both students and not, off the bus to fine them for not having fair pay.

“Muni police just feast on students the second day of each semester,” said senior international studies Adam Smith, in a Tweet. Though Smith did not get a ticket last week, he later added, “it’s just been common in my experience to hear so many people in person and on social media talking about how they get tickets.

“It’s pretty evident that the Muni police have strategic stations at Chabot [St.], Stanyan [St.], or both each semester, and students who haven’t taken advantage of the opportunity to pick up their passes, think it’s not a big deal and get preyed upon,” he said.

Kristine Osea, a senior nursing student, also ran into Muni police on her way to school. “I was at the stop on 9th [Ave.] and Judah [St.] and the Muni police were waiting there,” she said.

“They weren’t aggressive or rude; they just approached every person getting on the bus and asked for their proof of ticket purchase or scanned clipper cards. No one was caught.”

Last year, however, Osea had a different experience at the bus stop on Geary St. and Masonic Ave. “There were like six or seven [Muni police], and I just remember seeing a kid run off the bus, hop on his skateboard and peace out,” she said.

“There were a fair amount of random citizens getting fined because they didn’t buy bus tickets. It looked like a pain in the neck.”

According to the official SFMTA website, anyone found traveling without valid Proof of Payment (PoP) on any Muni rail or bus route may be removed from the vehicle and issued a fine exceeding $100.

Students are issued a semester-long Muni pass as a sticker on their ID, every semester. Students only receive one pass per semester. The fare for an 18+ rider on Muni is $2.00.

The Office of the Department of Public Safety, located on the UC 4th floor, is still issuing out Muni passes. To get yours, visit the office. 

Got a Muni ticket? Tickets must be contested within 21 days of being issued. Download the form at http://www.sfmta.com and mail it to SFMTA customer service center. 

96 thoughts on “Sorry, Not Sorry: Muni Police Bust Expired Student ID Passes, Last Week”

1. wonderful submit, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector
    don’t realize this. You should proceed your writing. I
    am confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

2. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A handful of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any advice to help fix this problem?
    lunettes de soleil http://www.stylesmagasin.com/

3. Moody’s said a further downgrade could come as “there is a significant decline in government financial strength due to a lack of progress on structural reforms.”

4. Many expect the bank to cut its main interest rate called the refinancing rate, at which it lends to banks from its current record low of 0.25 percent. The bank is also predicted to cut to negative the interest rate on money deposited with it by banks, in an effort to push them to loan that money rather than store it with the ECB.

5. Print + Digital Subscription Digital Subscription Free Sign-up Visitors Newspaper PDF Website access 1-week trial limited Mobile apps Newsletter Price RMB 820/year RMB 500/year Free Free UK manufacturing activity shrank at its fastest pace in more than two years last month, hurt by a sharp drop in exports, data showed yesterday. The Markit/CIPS manufacturing PMI headline activity index fell to 49.0 in August from 49.4 in July – the weakest level since June 2009 and the second straight month below the 50 line separating contraction from expansion, though slightly better than forecasts of 48.6. Markit senior economist Rob Dobson said: “The second half has so far seen the UK manufacturing sector, once the pivotal cog in the economic recovery, switch into reverse gear.”

6. very good most information on invisible google checker’ however does anyone know how to check into which usually yahoo create a free chat room somebody is usually on the web?

7. I possess almost everything I can visualize i additionally had 2 various other consultants give it a go. every little thing will go okay soon you aim to install a guess OS. For switches i possibly attempted the installation of a new invitees unix. I have given up here and that i feel presently utilising an iSCSI targe computer software coming from KernSafe. here is the first-time There are tried iStorage coming from Kernsafe… apologies, my spouse and i may mean to call decline, I use simply no desire for all of them. On the Vivid notice I could see some sort of line a place however they had the actual VM 5 various. x, Microsoft iSCSI trouble so that they experimented with typically the MICROSOFT Storage space eight Designer release using its iSCSI target application plus it work good, nevertheless that does not assist me to for now throughout manufacturing.

8. Hey good site!! Man.. Stunning.. Wonderful.. I will lesezeichen your web site and take those enters furthermore… On the web thrilled to find a large amount of valuable info throughout typically the posting, we end up needing create far more methods of this particular respect, many thanks expressing……

9. Hello Web Admin, I noticed that your On-Page SEO is is missing a few factors, for one you do not use all three H tags in your post, also I notice that you are not using bold or italics properly in your SEO optimization. On-Page SEO means more now than ever since the new Google update: Panda. No longer are backlinks and simply pinging or sending out a RSS feed the key to getting Google PageRank or Alexa Rankings, You now NEED On-Page SEO. So what is good On-Page SEO?First your keyword must appear in the title.Then it must appear in the URL.You have to optimize your keyword and make sure that it has a nice keyword density of 3-5% in your article with relevant LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing). Then you should spread all H1,H2,H3 tags in your article.Your Keyword should appear in your first paragraph and in the last sentence of the page. You should have relevant usage of Bold and italics of your keyword.There should be one internal link to a page on your blog and you should have one image with an alt tag that has your keyword….wait there’s even more Now what if i told you there was a simple WordPress plugin that does all the On-Page SEO, and automatically for you? That’s right AUTOMATICALLY, just watch this 4minute video for more information at. Seo Plugin

10. You can test this particular protection, is incredibly excellent and fastYM Scanner None of these kinds of function inside model 12. 0. 0. 1102-us. Not really a solitary one, many people simply benefit the actual versions. All you folks that happen to be spamming your current web sites, you believe you can search to correct this specific?

11. My spouse and i even now think final. fm is the foremost. You really do need to sign up for get just about any decent employ from it, yet $3 30 days (you can stop virtually any time) is absolutely definitely not very much.

12. Investors have been closely watching the talks between the White House and Congress over the “fiscal cliff”, a reference to sharp government spending cuts and tax increases scheduled to start Jan. 1 unless a deal is reached to cut the budget deficit. New developments in the talks have whipsawed the market.

13. In other energy trading, heating oil rose 3.27 cents to finish at US$2.9288 per gallon, and gasoline futures increased by 6.18 cents to end at US$2.6254 per gallon. Natural gas rose 2.5 cents to finish the day at US$3.279 per 1,000 cubic feet.

14. My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and thought I might check things out.

I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time.

15. This design is steller! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!)
    Fantastic job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

Here is my page :: Bing.Com

16. We are continuing our plan to invest additional dollars in capital improvements during 2008 including the $17 million reconfiguration project currently underway at our center located on Highway 501 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Excluding this reconfiguration project on which we have spent $7.2 million year to date, our FAD payout ratio would have been 79% for the second quarter and 78% for the first six months of 2008. We currently believe we can maintain an FFO payout ration in the 60% range and an FAD payout ratio of approximately 100% during 2008. Excluding the Myrtle Beach reconfiguration project, our FAD payout ratio for 2008 is expected to be in the mid to low 80% range.

17. Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
    Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things
    out pretty quick. I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m
    not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
    Appreciate it

Here is my web blog: windows 8 activator (Alexandra)

18. Sidhartha Group is trying to reach new heights and touch the horizon of excellence.

You can get a good amount of money that would take away all
    your worries. It features pop artists and traditional music covering four continents:
    Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America.

19. I am not sure where you’re getting your info, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great info I was looking for this info
    for my mission.

Check out my weblog – windows 8 activator (Quentin)