Nils Skajaa and Bernardo Saraiva were victorious in their doubles match against the Gauchos. Both Skajaa And Saraiva won their singles matches as well. (Photo Courtesy of Dons Athletics)

Men’s Tennis: Dons Get Past Gauchos, Stop Five-Game Slide

The Dons edged out host UC Santa Barbara 4-3 on Sunday, capping the win with a singles victory by sophomore Nils Skajaa. The lead switched hands a few times, with a key victory coming early from junior Bernardo Saraiva, who claimed the first singles finish and victory of the day in straight sets, 6-3, 6-0.

Sophomore Thomas Takemoto also grabbed a critical singles win. Winning in straight sets, 6-2, 7-6, Takemoto pushed the Dons ahead 3-2 at the time, a lead that would soon again be tied by the Gauchos. A hard-fought 6-1, 4-6, 6-3 victory by UC Santa Barbara’s Miles Seemann over Dons freshman Timothy Tan pushed the decision to the final match, a matchup between Skajaa and Santa Barbara’s Ziad Sultan.

The deciding match proved to be a tense affair. After Skajaa claimed the first set on a tiebreak, Sultan took the second set 6-4 to push the match to a final set. It was there that Skajaa distanced himself from Sultan for good, winning the third set 6-2 and securing the victory for the Dons.

In the doubles matches, the team of Saraiva and Skajaa took care of the Gauchos’ duo of Tobias Galskov and Ziad Sultan. Another notable doubles victory for the Dons came courtesy of the senior Germain Bahri and Takemoto, who won an 8-5 match.

The Dons were previously in the midst of a five-game losing streak, and dropping their last two matches by scores of 1-6 and 2-5 to No. 46 Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount, respectively. The victory over UC Santa Barbara not only snapped the skid, but also marked the ninth win on the season for the Dons, who improved to 3-6 away from home.

Next, the Dons take their 9-10 record to the Cal Club to continue conference play and host the 7-11 BYU Cougars on Friday, April 4 at 1:00 p.m. The Cougars are coming off of a 5-2 loss to Loyola Marymount. A day after that, the Dons play host to San Diego, who dropped a tough 4-3 decision to No. 32 Memphis on Saturday.

42 thoughts on “Men’s Tennis: Dons Get Past Gauchos, Stop Five-Game Slide”

1. I’ll immediately grab your rss feed as I can not find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly allow me recognize so that I may subscribe. Thanks.

2. It’s in reality a great and useful piece of information. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

3. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and in my view recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

4. I’m no longer sure the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was searching for this information for my mission.

5. Good day! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my old room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this post to him.
    Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

6. Kitchen squadron, called li ye. In fact, his age is not necessarily big, also just early 40s. Li Ye’s prestige comes not through the fist, just because he will be battle righteousness, and was on the actual river’s lake country possesses degrees.
    Gucci outlet online
    [url=http://gucci-outlet.shopperscans.com]Gucci outlet online[/url]

7. I simply couldn’t depart your website before suggesting that
    I extremely loved the standard info an individual provide to your visitors?

Is going to be again incessantly in order to inspect new posts

8. Thanks for sharing excellent informations. Your site is very cool. I’m impressed by the details that you¡¦ve on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched all over the place and simply couldn’t come across. What a perfect site.
    Louis Vuitton Bags

9. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really realize what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly additionally discuss with my web site =). We will have a hyperlink trade arrangement among us!
    mulberry sale

10. good, i needed to find out that because i have been wanting in order to sample a few items via dvd movie in addition to youtube Very cool, the right factors! My spouse and i value you actually creating these kind of thought processes accessible, all the other web-site is additionally premium quality. Have got a enjoyment.

11. Hi there, Now i am typically the digi consumer. Precisely why the extension advertising merely logical till thirty first august? What about to the people who else neglect this kind of likelihood?

12. Pingback: movie checker